The Taylight Zone - Anthology Four

09 - Dreams of Fire - Alecia & Cathy

"Hey guys, I’m really tired right  now.  I’m going to go to bed." Zac said  after the concert in Detroit.

"Fine. We’ll meet ya later." Ike said.

Zac  left the lobby of the hotel and went up to his room.  "Man I’m so  tired." He said out loud and with that he flopped down on the bed and soon fell in to a deep sleep.

"TAYLOR!" Zac screamed.

He saw the firey blaze ahead of him. He stared in horror as his brothers were trapped in their room.

"TAYLOR! ISAAC!" Zac screamed again. Neither of them answered his cries.

Zac started to panic. He had no idea  what to do. His brothers were trapped and he was totally helpless  on the ground watching it all.

Pretty soon he lost sight of his brothers as the fire  rose on and on. After awhile the fire started to calm down.  Zac was in a frantic. He had no idea if his brothers had gotten out or not.

As the fire calmed down. Zac went to see  what had happened.  When he got to the room  he saw  nothing.  The fire had  taken away everything that he owned and loved.  Especially his brothers.

Zac started screaming. He couldn’t believe it. His brothers were gone for good.

Zac woke up  in a sweat and short of breath. He got up out of bed really fast and ran to find Taylor and Isaac.  When Zac got to Taylor’s room he started screaming Taylor’s name and banging on the door really hard.

Zac was totally happy when he saw Taylor open the door and yell at him for doing that.

"Zac  what are you doing? Your yelling loud enough to wake up the whole
hotel." Taylor said angrily.

"Taylor I’m sorry I thought you were dead." Zac said relieved.

"What? Me? Dead? Why would you  think I was dead?" Taylor asked confused.

"I had a really bad dream that you and Ike were burned in a fire."

"Zac that’s crazy. Me and Ike are fine. Now go back to bed.." Taylor said shutting the door.

Zac turned around and went back to his room. At first he was scared to fall back asleep cause of the dream but sleep got the best of him again and he fell into a deep sleep once more.

"Taylor, You shouldn’t be smoking." Zac said looking at Taylor who had a cigarette in his hand.

"Zac I’m fine." Taylor said  taking another hit.

"Yeah Zac nothing is going to happen we’re just trying it." Ike said taking the cigarette from Taylor.


Zac just looked at Taylor and Ike then went out of the room in disgust.

Isaac didn’t realize but he was really tired from smoking and from performing that night and soon fell asleep  and dropping the cigarette. Taylor was already asleep.

While Taylor and Isaac slept the ashes from the cigarette started to burn a piece of paper that lie next to it.

A few moments later Zac smelled some smoke from under his door. At first he though nothing of it and that Taylor was playing a  joke on him. But  as the smoke started to get heavier Zac knew something was wrong.  He came out of his room just in time to see  someone pull the fire alarm and Zac was whisked downstairs by his father and they didn’t know that Taylor and Isaac were asleep in the room and trapped.

When Zac was safe he started to look around for his brothers but didn’t see them.

"TAYLOR ! ISAAC! WHERE ARE YOU GUYS?" He called looking for them.

His dad looked at Zac and asked him "You don’t know where your brothers
are?"

Zac just shook his head no. Then Zac ran back up stairs in search of his brothers.

He got to the room where he last saw Taylor and Isaac and opened the door and screamed in horror as he saw his brothers burn.

"TAYLOR!" Zac screamed.

He saw the firey blaze ahead of him. He stared in horror as his brothers were trapped in their room.

"TAYLOR! ISAAC!" Zac screamed again. Neither of them answered his cries.

Zac started to panic. He had no idea  what to do. His brothers were trapped and he was totally helpless as he fell to the floor crying and watching it all.

Pretty soon he lost sight of his brothers as the fire  rose on and on. After awhile the fire started to calm down.  Zac was in a frantic. He had no idea if his brothers had gotten out or not.

As the fire calmed down. Zac went to see  what had happened. The fire had  taken away everything that he owned and loved.  Especially his brothers.

Zac started screaming. He couldn’t believe it. His brothers were gone for good.

And then he woke up.

Zac couldn’t believe this. He had the same dream twice in one night. He had a really bad feeling but he just couldn’t shake it. He got up and went to Ike’s room this time. He didn’t want to be yelled at by Taylor again. He got to Ike’s room and was surprised to find Taylor in there as well and then he saw the cigarette.

"WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING?" Zac yelled.

"Calm down Zac. We’re just trying this it’s ok.  Here you want to try it?" Taylor said handing the  cigarette out to Zac.

Zac  refused saying  "Guys something is going to happen. I can feel it."

Taylor and Isaac just looked at each other and smiled. "Oh really now. Tell us about it Zac."

"Guys something bad is going to happen if you keep smoking." Zac started but Ike interrupted him.

"Yeah yeah Zac. We know. We know all about the dangers of smoking. Don’t worry we’re not going to get addicted or anything. We’re just trying it. We’ll be fine." Ike said.

"No No You guys don’t understand. Your going to die if you don’t stop
smoking." Zac said frantically.

"Oh? What are we going to die from? We’ve only smoked one cigarette."
Taylor said.

"NO! You  guys don’t understand. Your going to DIE!" Zac yelled.

"Look Zac. We’re fine. Now get out! And don’t you DARE tell ANYONE!" Ike said pushing Zac out the door.

Zac didn’t know what to do. He quietly went back to his room and prayed
that Taylor and Isaac would come to their senses and put out the cigarette before anything happened.

Later on Zac  fell in to a restless sleep.

"What’s that smell?" Zac said getting up from his bed.

He looked over the bed to see smoke coming from under the door.

"What’s going on?" He said getting up from his bed. He  opened the door
just in time to see someone pull the fire alarm.

"Zac come on!" His dad yelled as he ran past Zac grabbing on to his  shirt as he went by.

"What’s going on?" Zac asked trying to keep up with  him.

"There’s fire on our floor." He said going down stairs to the lobby and out of the hotel.

Zac was stunned and surprised.  He was also very tired at the time. He
couldn’t think. He couldn’t speak.

As he walked out side he started looking for his brothers. He saw a lot of other people but none of them were Taylor or Isaac. A few times he though he saw Taylor but it turned out it wasn’t. He though to himself ‘they have to be out here somewhere.’

Zac looked at his dad and asked. "How come Taylor and Isaac aren’t here
with us?"

His dad just gave him a funny look but looked around for them anyway. "I think they are with your mom actually."

Zac just shrugged and went off to find  his  mom. "Mom? Have you seen
Taylor and Isaac?  He asked when he found her.

"No. I  thought your dad got them." She said.

"No he didn’t. He said they were with you."

Just then Zac remembered his dream. "I HAVE TO GO FIND THEM MOM I JUST HAVE TO!" Zac screamed.

"NO! ZAC! There’s fire in the building .  Trust me there’s no one on the
3rd floor. They all got out." She said trying to calm Zac down.

"NO MOM YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE ME!" Zac yelled as he started running
towards the flames of the hotel.

As he got to the  3rd floor all he could smell and see was  heavy smoke.   He yelled out his brothers names but got no reply.

Finally he found  their room and opened the door.  Then he saw it. His
brothers were lying on the floor motionless and asleep or so he thought.  He yelled to them.

"TAYLOR! ISAAC! WAKE UP!"

He got no response.

"HEY GUYS COME ON!" He said getting closer to them.

What he saw next caught him by surprise for his brothers were not sleeping but dead.

Zac stood there for a moment but then realized.  "No this is just a dream. This will all be over when I wake up."

Zac stood there waiting to wake up.  When nothing happened he pinched
himself to see if he was asleep. To his surprise he felt it and it
hurt.

"Oh my gosh!" Zac said aloud. He stared at the bodies in front of him and cried out. "NO! THIS CAN’T BE HAPPENING! I TRIED! I REALLY TIRED TO
WARN THEM!"

As the fire died down Zac looked around to see that nothing could be saved.  Everything that he had owned  and loved was gone.  Especially
his brothers…………or were they?


Next

Previous

Archives