The Taylight Zone - Anthology Nine

15 - Beautiful - Jenny

Beautiful.

He's so beautiful, and perfect, and mine. I have him now, and I can finally make him see. See the error of his ways. I can cleanse him, and set him free.
 
I'm looking at him. He's trembling. Lying there on the table. Bound and gagged. I knew how to get him ready. That's because I've been waiting for this moment. Since he hurt me.

He's pleading with me. His eyes doing the talking. They're filling with fear and betrayal. Marie, they're saying, Why?

Like a lamb lead to the slaughter, he never made a sound. I helped with that, I did stuff a bandanna in his mouth.

"I am your savior." I'm telling him. , "don't be afraid. There's nothing to fear from me. I'm here to help you."



"...here to help you." Oh God, she's insane. I've never been so scared in my entire life. My hands are tied behind my back, I'm shirtless, and I can't even plead with her to let me go. Three hours ago. That's all, just three little hours, I had been at home. I'd had been playing with my youngest brother, Mackie. Now, I don't know if I'll ever see him again.



"You're beautiful. You know that?" I say. "At first, only I knew. Then, you went and told the whole world. You shouldn't have done that. I was the only one that was supposed to see your beauty. You've sinned so much. You have to atone for them."

So long, I've been planning. Ever since he missed my birthday last year. Touring, he said. It was then I decided that there was evil in him. I knew she had to rid him of it. It was those girls, those screaming girls. They all made him evil. They made him forget me! And nobody forgets Marie. Nobody.



She keeps calling me beautiful. I've known there was something wrong with Marie for a while. She is, was, my best friend. Oh God...oh God...oh God...oh God, she has a knife.
 
The Lord is My Sheperd
I shall not be in want
He maketh me lie down in green pastures
He leads me besides still waters
He restores my soul...

I want my mom. I want my dad. I want my brothers, and my sisters.



"Shhhh," I coo, "you've sinned a great sin. You must pay a great price. In ancient times, sacrifice was the only way to receive forgiveness for sin. So, you must be sacrificed. It's the only way."



I'm crying. She's lit candles, they're everywhere. The smoke is blinding me. I can see her outline there. The knife keeps catching the light. I'm going to die. Oh God, protect me, and let it be over quickly.



"Zachary Walker Hanson. You have sinned one of the seven deadly sins. The sin is neglecting MARIE!!! Nobody neglects me, or forgets my birthday. I love you, and I'm letting you reverse your sin."

"I forgive you of all sin."

I'm raising the knife.



She's raising the knife.



He is forgiven.



I am beautiful.


Next

Previous

Archives