Epilogue - Mission Accomplished!

Memories 'round the Christmas tree
Are the sweetest ones that remain with me
It's a comfort deep inside, though you can't stop the race of time
To know that Christmas will always be

Noah Barnes sat with his mother and his sister at the Rock Café, listening as Isaac Hanson sang a song from Snowed In. He still couldn't believe the events of the past two days. It was all rather overwhelming, but cool just the same.

He smiled at his sister and then turned his attention back to the concert. Taylor caught his eye and mouthed the words, "behind you." He turned just as a hand touched his shoulder. It was his fiancée, Sarah. He stood and embraced her tightly.

"What are you doing here?" he whispered as they sat down.

She smiled and kissed him lightly on the cheek. "It was the strangest thing. I got a phone call from Isaac Hanson last night. He told me about what happened and said that I had to be here for this concert. This morning there was a FedEx package with a plane ticket and a note saying that I would be expected at the door."

Noah was shocked. "But how did they…" He looked over at his sister and she winked at him. He smiled.

"I'm sorry that I left you, Noah," Sarah said. "Things just got so crazy and I didn't know what to do."

"Don't apologize, sweetie. I love you and I'm so glad that you're back."

They kissed again and turned their eyes back toward the stage. Isaac nodded at the two of them while he was singing and Zac offered a goofy look.



Tess, Monica, and Andrew sat toward the back of the restaurant enjoying the music, unnoticed by the rest of the patrons. Another mission had been successful and they were celebrating. God had once again pulled off another miracle.

"You know, Tess," Monica said. "I could really start to get into this music. They sing like angels." She then broke into a really bad chorus of MMMBop.

Tess put a hand on Monica's shoulder. "They don't sing like that, Ms. Wings."

Andrew offered a non-committal smile and nodded toward the stage as Hanson continued to play.

Now this is what Christmas means to me
Being together with your family
And the wise men who followed that star
To where a Baby Jesus lay
Family nestled all around
Baby Jesus asleep so sound
And his star shined so bright
On that very first holy night
At Christmas, Christmas
No matter who you are or how far you've come
This is where you belong
At Christmas, Christmas

Chapter Ten

Sins of the Father


Archives