Ever Lonely

12 - Soul Escape - Juliette

Segment 1 -- Zac

I don't know what happened.  I suppose part of aging is separating. It's funny, y'know, when you're little, you hardly notice the difference in age between you and your brothers.  But the older you get, the wider the gap grows.  I can see the huge chasm between me and my brothers now.  Isaac is completely hung up on "courting" any girl who will look in his general direction; Taylor would rather love 'em and leave 'em.

I'm stuck somewhere in the middle, somewhere in that muck of not seeking love, but needing it anyway.  Like I would find it if I looked.  I'm the corner stone.  The basic piece.  No frills, so no one notices me.

Taylor has his stomping and his way of whoring himself to the audience, and Ike has his deep emotional torrents that send those stupid teenyboppers over the edge.  I hit things with sticks.  I'm not incredibly deep or complicated, so no one cares.  I can care about someone, but I doubt if someone will want to care about me.

Segment 2 -- Isaac

There she is.  I know she's the one, I can tell by the way she walks. She has that bubblegum walk, very wriggley.  Why do I say such cheesy things?  Is it listening to all those oldie songs?  Well anyway, I'm not letting this one get away.

"Hey there," I call out.  She barely bats an eye.  Darnit, I'm forced to get up and catch her.

"Hey, uh, where you headed?" I ask.

"What do you care?" she retorts.  Ouch.

"Well, you just looked a little lonely, that's all."

"So I look pitiful and pathetic?"

"No, I said you looked--"

"I don't need your kind of crap, go harrass someone more gullible."

Wow, she has the sting of a scorpion.  Dammit, there I go with those stupid metaphors again.  Well, feisty is good.  I just know I'm not letting this one go that easily.

Segment 3 -- Taylor

Chock one more up for Taylor Hanson.  I have to ask myself as I get dressed, what kind of household these girls were raised in.  I certainly hope Jessi and Avie grow up to have better morals than these girls.  I swear, you wink at them and BANG! They're all ready for you.  They make it too easy, it's not any fun.  I mean that's like someone just handing you a trophy for something.  It's kinda cool to have not done anything for it, but you also don't get the thrill of having worked for your reward.

They made me like this.  They know I used to be so shy.  When we first got hot, I would've never done this.  But they insisted.  They couldn't resist their own hormones, I guess.  And my only choice was to give them what they wanted.  That's what everyone said.  And I can't say all those celebrities were a wonderful influence on my morals.  Sex, drugs, and rock-n-roll... you just can't separate them.

Segment 4 -- Zac

"Aren't you Zac Hanson?" a young girl asks me.  She looks about my age, kinda pretty, too.

"Wow, you actually know I exist?" I reply bitterly.

"Are you kidding, you're my favorite," she says, helping herself to the seat next to me.

"You're not having my baby," I inform her, expecting that to make her leave.

"Who said anything about your baby? I just wanna keep you company."

"What?" Who is this girl anyway, this girl who understands my need for a friend?

"My name's Trisha.  You always look so sad behind those drums, why is that?"  Whoa, this girl is starting to freak me out.  Is she like, psychic or something?

"Are you like, psychic or something?" I ask.

"Depends.  I think I know how you feel.  If you consider that psychic, then yeah." She smiles warmly at me.  Thoughtfully, I take her hand, and stare into her eyes.  This girl could be just what I need.

Segment 5 -- Isaac

"C'mon, please talk to me!" I beg.  I know I sound absolutely sick, but sometimes that works with girls.

"Get away you psycho!" Apparantly not with this girl.

"I'll write a love song for you," I offer.  I love writing love songs.

"Sick dude! Get yourself a life, quick!"  My face clouds over with rejection.  What does this girl WANT?

"I hope you die a horrible nasty death!" I blurt out, and run away. Well that definitely wasn't me.  Whoever it was, they just made an ass out of themself cause that girl is in stitches.  DAMMIT!  Maybe if I go hang out at the mall, I can pick up some 20th century language.

Segment 6 -- Taylor

This is so depressing.  All day long, day in, day out, screwing fans.  I know they go home and boast to their friends they were knocked up by THE Taylor Hanson, wooptie freakin' doo.  They have no idea how many hundreds of others there are.  I don't even experience it anymore.  It's become like some sort of engrained mechanism, which is scary.  But I don't care.  I just wish I had a soul left in me to feel true love.  I know I never will.  My libido took care of that.

"Once more, please Taylor!" the latest begs.  They usually do.

"Can't, got a busy schedule," I mutter instinctively, shove my feet into my shoes and shuffle out the trailer door.  Walking around the amphitheatre, I spy Zac sitting front row, center with some strawberry blond chick.  She looks kinda hot. "Hey Zac, who's your friend?" I ask.

Segment 7 -- Zac

Oh hell no.

"This is Trisha, Taylor, and no, you can't screw her. She likes ME best, ha ha!"

"Dirty little brat, we'll see where you wind up in 10 years," he mutters as he shuffles off, shirtless.  I wonder who's left in the trailer fawning over his dirty clothes.

"What was that?" Trisha asks in confusion.

"That," I inform her, "was an asshole.  All he does is take advantage of fans.  I feel sorry for some of them, a few.  Those few seem like smart girls, but they fall for his spell every time.  Maybe it's in the tight pants..."  I trail off, and Trisha giggles.

"I think you'll outlast them all," she tells me.  I smile sincerely at her.

"Thanks, Trish.  I've always needed a fan like you."

Next

Previous

Archives