Ever Lonely

03 - What's Love - Jenn

Zac sat at the kitchen table daydreaming. He heard the phone ring in the background but was too deep in thought to react. What's love? What does it feel like? Is it fuzzy and warm? Ike and Tay both say they have felt love, but how can you feel something like that? Ike said he fell in love with Syrah the moment he saw her and Tay said he fell in love with Julie when he heard her laugh, but how did they know they LOVED them?

"Zac! Earth to Zac!" Tay was waving the phone in Zac's face. Irritated, Zac looked up, "What do you want?!" Taylor handed the phone to him, "It's a girl" Zac took the phone an d put it to his ear, "Hello?"

A sweet voice filled the line."Zac, remember today when Ms. Bailey put me and you together to work on that science project thing?"

"Umm, yeah" Zac tried as hard as he could to remember what had happened in science, but he wasn't really paying any attention.

"Zac do you even know what I'm talking about?"

"Umm, no" she laughed. It was a cute little laugh, he liked it.

"And you probably have no idea who you're talking to either, right"

"Umm, I'm sorry but I have no idea who you are." he felt his face turning red. He didn't usually get embarrassed this easily but there was something about her.

"Don't apologize. Anyway it's Janae. Now what are we going to do about this project?"

Janae

They agreed to meet at Janae's house.  She was nervous. "Ok Janae, i t's gonna be ok. He's only the cutest and most popular guy in the 9th grade and he's coming to your house. This'll be great. I'll probably trip ope ning the door." The doorbell rang. She gave herself one last look in the mirror. She didn't know Zac was having problems too.

Zac

Zac walked to Janae's house, she only lived about 3 blocks away. He didn't remember seeing Janae. He was usually to busy goofing off in class to notice anything. But from the way she sounded on the phone he sort of liked her. "How can I like her? I've never even met her. But the way she so unded on the phone.....such a sweet voice. Oh brother, I must sound like a sap. "

He walked up to the door and rang the bell. She opened the door and smile d. He was taking it all in.  Ok I have just seen the most beautiful girl in my life. Janae had straight, brown hair that went down to the middle of her back. She had stunning, light green eyes and was small compared to Zac, h er being only 5'3".

Zac hadn't noticed that he'd just been standing there staring at her . "Zac you can come in, I'm not gonna make you sit on the porch all evening.

Zac walked in, "umm, Janae I have to do something, don't get mad at me ok."

Janae looked kind of puzzled, "I guess, but wha-" Zac leaned down and kissed her cutting her off. He pulled away and looked at her. She smiled.

I know what love is.

Next

Previous

Archives