Ever Lonely

01 - When Taylor Asked Jenny to be His Girl - Amerika

When Taylor asked Jenny to be his girl, she was as surprised when he asked as he was when she accepted. They'd always had a kind of undecided relationship as people; they flirted by threatening to beat each other's asses into the floorboards. At the moment of argument their tempers were at an equal boil, but upon thinking of the incident later on, they'd grin to themselves and even giggle a little. Such was the case when Taylor made the proposal to Jenny.

They were in the midst of a delightfully brutal argument involving each other's outstanding character flaws - complete with scathing accusations, specific examples, and indignant personal defenses - when Jenny pulled the ace on Taylor.

"You're immature!" Taylor roasted, pointing his finger. "You oughta hear yourself!"

"You look like a woman," Jenny shot back, and Taylor was struck speechless. The rage in him was coming to the bursting point in his internal thermometer.

"Close your mouth, people'll get the wrong idea," she smarted.

"Bitch!" he spat, actually projecting little spit flecks in his anger. So she decked him.

He lay on the floor, dazed and completely in love. Actual physical contact... it would leave him with a tender black eye, but it would be a battle scar that he'd admire with every sweet sting. He stayed on his back on the floor.

Jenny knelt down beside him, worried and shocked at her own violent action. "Are you okay?" she asked, as if she'd discovered him there instead of having been the cause. "I'm so sorry, I really didn't mean to hit you like that, I just did..."

"I'm okay," Taylor said breathlessly, looking up at her adoringly. "You've never hit me before."

"You've never called me a bitch before," she said quietly, as surprised and shocked as he. She winced at the red mark forming where her fist had connected with his face, and touched it gingerly, gently. Taylor could have died there and been happy.

"Jen," he said, barely thinking of the absurdity of his question, "Will you go out with me?"

She blinked. "What?"

"Will you... be my girl?" he asked, a little less brave than before. She gathered the thoughts in her head and finally answered.

"Sure."


Next

Previous

Archives